Sober Coach Connor O'Reilly
Addiction Counselling | Sober Coaching Qualifications
Lived experience from severe Substance Use Disorder to freedom in recovery has taught me a lot. But I never stop training.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology – Yorkville University (in progress)
- Canadian Certified Recovery Coach – CACCF
- National Certified Peer Recovery Specialist – NAADAC
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training – One Tribe
- Recovery Coach Training – Still Here
- Recovery Coach Mentorship – Still Here
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing – MITC
- Family Coaching with CRAFT – Lara Okoloko
- Recovery Coach Training – Addictions Academy
From "High-Functioning Alcoholic" to Top Recovery Coach
For years I was living a double life – bright young professional engineer by day, forgetful, dishonest, intoxicated delinquent by night.
On the outside, everything looked great. Promising career, president on a charity board, a large circle of friends.
However inside, I was well aware of the misalignment between the life I was living, and the life I wanted for myself. I wanted to get sober, my mistake was trying to do it on my own.
Today, I’m one of Canada’s top recovery coaches. I’m proud to work for progressive, inclusive alcohol recovery platform Monument, as well as with clients through my business.
Addiction Counselling and Recovery Coaching Helped Me Get Sober
Helping Others Find Recovery is my Passion
I’ve always enjoyed working with others, whether through tutoring or coaching sports.
I openly share what’s worked for me – yoga, meditation, sports, reading, community, embracing wellness – a holistic approach.
However, I recognize everyone has a unique path, and I love helping them find it through coaching. Unlike 12-step communities, there’s no dogma. Unlike engineering, there’s no answer in the back of the book.
Connor made me feel respected in a way I did not believe I deserved. I’ve been sober for over two years, and life has become normal sober.